LASIK Eye Surgery and Why You Should Consider it
Anyone who has ever experienced a loss of vision that causes them to wear corrective lenses or glasses has probably spent some time thinking about what other options may be available. We all want to be able to see the world through our very own eyes, enjoying the activities we love, such as sports, scuba diving and swimming without having to worry about glasses or contacts. LASIK surgery could be the ideal way to improve your eyesight significantly. If 20/20 vision is a priority for you, then LASIK eye surgery may be worth your consideration.
What is LASIK?
The term ‘LASIK’ refers to laser in-situ keratomileusis, and it is a popular form of surgery that is regularly used by professionals, such as some of the renowned surgeons at Nevada Eye & Ear, to correct vision issues in individuals who are farsighted, nearsighted, or suffer from astigmatism.
Like other forms of surgery intended to correct vision problems, LASIK reshapes the cornea so that the light that passes through can be focused more acutely onto the retina in the back of the eye. Your Nevada Eye & Ear surgeon will create a thin flap in the cornea, before removing some of the tissue in order to reshape it and improve light focus.
The Benefits of LASIK Eye Surgery
There are various benefits associated with LASIK eye surgery. Surveys that have been conducted found that approximately 96% of the patients who had LASIK surgery achieved their ideal vision through the process. Aside from the evidence that LASIK really can improve vision, other benefits include:
- The procedure is often regarded to be virtually painless, as the numbing drops that are used mean that the patient will not experience much discomfort.
- After having LASIK eye surgery, most patients comment that they no longer need their glasses or contact lenses. In fact, the American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO) reports that nine out of 10 patients achieve somewhere between 20/20 and 20/40 vision after LASIK surgery.
- The surgery is considered to be extremely fast, and many people find that their vision has been corrected either immediately, or shortly after the procedure with LASIK.
- Adjustments can be made later in life to further correct any vision problems after you have had LASIK, so you need not worry if your vision issues begin to change with age.
- There’s no need for any stitches or bandages, and you should be able to get back to your normal life within a couple of days.
LASIK eye surgery with Nevada Eye & Ear is considered to be a safe and predictable option for people who are looking to improve their vision. Although the results do vary, the procedure has an excellent record of safety, and most all patients find that the process dramatically improves not only their sight, but also their quality of life within days of the treatment.
Leave A Comment
* All information subject to change. Images may contain models. Individual results are not guaranteed and may vary.