What is Wavefront Guided LASIK?
Custom LASIK surgery, also known as wavefront LASIK or wavefront-guided LASIK, uses 3-dimensional measurements of how your eye processes images to guide the laser in re-shaping the front part of the eye (cornea). With wavefront measurement system it is possible to achieve custom individualized outcome that surpasses traditional LASIK surgery, contact lenses and glasses. Standard prescriptions for glasses, contacts or traditional LASIK procedures can correct ordinary vision defects such as myopia, hyperopia, and astigmatism. But other irregularities associated with the eye’s optical system could not be addressed until the advent of wavefront and related technology used in custom LASIK.
What can Custom Wavefront Guided LASIK achieve?
- Greater chance of achieving 20/20 vision
- Greater chance of achieving better than 20/20 vision
- Reduced chance of losing best-corrected vision
- Reduced chance of losing visual quality or contrast sensitivity
- Reduced chance of night-vision disturbances and glare